Thursday, December 24, 2020

Untroubled, Unafraid

 

Untroubled, Unafraid





 

   Painted meditations. Shown here are three small (8 ½” x 11”) paintings from my ongoing series of annual Christmas cards. The series began in 2002 with a Nativity scene - the birth of The Lamb of God. I also include this year’s offering of Jesus embracing our planet, along with the one I made in 2012, called “Mens Christi (Mind of Christ).”

   I hope that they prompt you in some grateful measure, be it great or small, to find light and comfort in the Faith and Peace of Christ, now and forever.

   May all of you have a Blessed Christmas.

   From John 3:16 - “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

   From John 14:27 – “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”

   From Psalm 95:3-7 – “For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land. Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care.”

No comments: