Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Faux what it's worth, just for the pun of it

 

Faux what it’s worth, just for the pun of it…







By Tom Wachunas 

  “Found objects, chance creations, ready-mades (mass-produced items promoted into art objects) abolish the separation between art and life. The commonplace is miraculous if rightly seen.”

-      - Charles Simic

   From recent playtime in my studio and my head, in a spirit of fun I offer two new releases: Rock Music, and PUN. Rescued. Repurposed. Repsychled. So to speak. As it were. If you will. In other words, i.e., a.k.a. ipso facto quid pro quo. And while we’re at it, let’s not forget ergo, non sequitur. Veni, vidi, vici.

   The guitar? Drawing a bead on wordplay. Fretting the small stuff, sentimental music taken for granite, marbleized and marvelized, pinning down rhythm ‘n clues at a fast clip, pulling on my heartstrings, wired and weird.

   And PUN? Just something I herd somewhere.

No comments: